Tortellini in Broth with Escarole
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes!
- 3 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 small head escarole, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound cheese tortellini (you can buy whole wheat now!)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Combine broth, 2 cups water, and bay leaf in a large stockpot; bring to a boil.
- Add escarole; cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 15 seconds.
- Add tortellini; cook until they float to the top, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf, and season soup with salt and pepper. To serve, ladle into bowls.
I like the leaves big, but I'd resort to this to make sure the greens weren't getting left in the bowl.