Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

House Tour Tomato Soup

I was stuck at home with two sick boys, when I remembered I had signed up to take soup to the missionaries on temple square.  I had just a few hours to get something ready.  Naturally, I called my mom who reminded me of this fast and easy and tasty recipe!  It's good enough I'm serving it in a bread bowl at a party tomorrow.  I always double the recipe because it's easy to save.

Ingredients:
1 onion chopped
3 Tablespoons butter
Dash olive oil
salt/pepper
basil to taste

4 tablespoons flour
1 cup broth

2-3 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes (SW best brand, puree 1 can if desired)
1 cup milk (or to taste)
1 cup cream (or to taste)


Directions:
Sauté the onion, butter, olive oil, salt and pepper and basil.
 

In a medium bowl, whisk the flour one tablespoon at a time into the broth (if you pour it in too fast, you'll have little dumplings all over the place).
 
Add the broth mixture, tomatoes, milk and cream to the onion.  

 
Simmer 30 minutes
.

Serve with croutons, basil and good quality grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds divine on this chilly morning. :) You share with really great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I should have someone check my statements before I post... I meant, the recipes you share are really great...

    ReplyDelete