Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Sleep-In Cookies

What would you give to sleep in another 20-40 mins Saturday morning?  I saw a recipe for these two ingredient cookies, and I jumped at the opportunity.  The boys woke me up early, as always.  Instead of letting them pull me ruthlessly from my sweet slumber, this time I had some ammo.

"Do you two want to go make cookies?  All by yourselves?  I'll tell you how to do it, and then you go make them and surprise me!"

"YAAAAY!"

"Please don't wake Evelyn.  That will definitely ruin my plan."

"Okay.  Sorry.  What do we do?"

Sleep-In Cookies

Ingredients:

2 Ripe Bananas
1 Cup of Oats

Directions:

"Find two of our brownest bananas.  Put them in a big bowl.  Each of you get a fork and mash them up as much as you can until you can't find any lumps.  It will take you a loooong time to be sure they're all mashed up.  Then take the cup of oats I put out for you, and stir it around.  Stir it really well to make sure all the oats have some banana on them (or all the banana has some oats on them).  Then you get out a cookie sheet, and use a spoon to put them in little balls like you're making cookies.  Spread them carefully all around the cookie sheet.  When they're all spread out and ready to go in the oven, come and get me."

Then you'll be awakened (hopefully at least 15-20 mins later) to this beautiful sight:

Then you heat your oven to 350, put them in, set the timer for about 25 mins (depending on how long it takes to preheat your oven), turn on the oven light and go back to bed!  Tell those cute little chefs to pull up chairs, grab some books, and read and watch the oven until the timer rings and to come and get you.  
When you wake up, those little homely blobs will have magically transformed into this!

Believe it or not, they are really tasty!  For an extra ten minutes, tell them to get the raisins out and *carefully* put four raisins in each cookie.  Or double the recipe!

I hope your extra sleep is as beautiful as mine!  We're definitely making this a weekly tradition.  

Oh, apparently this is what these cookies could look like if you make them (and you make them with quick oats):
Source

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of anything so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sleep is sounding really good. Thanks for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. I am eyeing my bananas, wishing Abe and Ben were here to make some for Grandmama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is brilliant and amazing! Haha I can't get over it. You guys are awesome. To the max.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me laugh. Why didn't I have you around to give me ideas for what to do with you?

    ReplyDelete