- An "essential oil" is basically the essence of a plant. All plants have them, but not all essential oils are known to be beneficial. They are used in alternative medicine, and aromatherapy.
- doTerra is a good brand to use because they are %100 pure essential oil, and not all brands are.
- They don't expire
- It is good to apply the oil to the bottom of the feet, where the pores are the biggest and the oil can be absorbed into the body the fastest.
The instructor's very favorite essential oils:
- Lavender--use for colds and cold prevention, soothes skin from burns, rashes
- Frankincense--many uses: anti-inflammatory, great for any skin problem, stress reliever
- Peppermint and Lemon--good for diffusing aromatically, lemon will keep you energized, peppermint is also good for burns
- Digest Zen--it's a blend for stomach pain, throwing up or heart burn. It can be used on the stomach and feet.
- On Guard--another blend. It's a great immune booster. She highly recommended the soap, cleaner and especially toothpaste (with a great personal story).
- Wild Orange--a great stress reliever, mood uplifter
That was super brief, but it's a subject I'm interested in, and I would love to hear some of your favorite essential oils and how you use them?