Chromium is among those lovely little minerals that are susceptible to modern food processing techniques. Moreover, high sugar diets actually deplete the body of this cherished substance. Most foods that would normally be good sources for this mineral are no longer that, in our day. Thank heavens for traditional food preparation methods!
Good sources of this mineral follow.
- Butter from cows who are allowed their natural diet
- Meat from animals allowed their natural diets (Did you know that many vitamins and minerals are dependent on good fat for proper absorption in the body? Fascinating.)
- Organ meats
- Properly prepared whole wheat, and nuts
- Eggs from hens consuming the proper diet (Which eggs are the right eggs to buy? Stay tuned...)
- Interestingly, chromium is found in abundance in foods that are used to make sugar products, corn, sugar beet, and sugar cane. Sadly this, and many other beneficial components of these plants, are stripped and discarded in the refining processes used to make sugar. I find it fascinating and beautiful that the whole plant as God made it, has what our bodies need to help regulate the absorption of all it's components.