Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Garlic Magic

I just ate a whole clove of garlic.  Raw, and crushed.  Normally I just eat it with a spoon and then take a few big swigs of water.  Today I tried putting a thick layer of butter on a piece of toast, crushing the garlic onto it, and folding it in half.  I think I'll stick to the spoon method from now on, because it just took too long to get it down.  (Don't get me wrong --- I LOVE garlic.  Cooked.)

I found the following infographic in this Huffington Post article.  (You'll probably have to visit the page to be able to see it up close and read all the benefits of garlic.)  Become a garlic believer!




1 comment:

  1. This is great, Meredith! Love the info. The researchers who talk about the sulfur are spot on with garlic. I read a paper not too long ago about the dangers of having a sulfur deficiency -- egg yolks are the highest food containing sulfur, garlic is second, if I remember correctly. (The sulfur paper was super interesting. Let me know if you want to read it anyone. :)

    The garlic used to be difficult for me to swallow, but it has become easier, and easier. I can definitely attest to its curative powers.

    ReplyDelete