And, I'm happy to say: I finally found a solution that works really well for me! I mentioned a while ago that I was going to share it here, but I hesitated for a long time because, well, it ain't pretty. So if you're looking for the prettiest solution, you've come to the wrong place. If you want something really easy and functional, read on!
|Thank you, Vanna.|
XL and L. I always buy XXL when it's available.
Here is why I use them (starting with the most awesome reason of all):
- No more finding a place for clothes every time they need to be put away! Leave the label inside and tuck it in my closet when it's not in use; it doesn't take any space!
- They're cheap
- Easy to label
- Easy to see what's inside
- When filled, they only take up as much space as the clothes
- They're more air-tight than storage bins
- Easy to stock up on so I don't have to go re-invent storage solutions every time my kids grow
If you wanted to pretty them up, I'm sure you could find some nice printable labels. I have a big attic to toss things in when I'm all done, buy you could easily put these inside storage bins if you need something stackable. Or if you have closet space, they have a handle you could hang them by!
XXL, XL, L sized bags
As for our clothes when they're in use, as soon as my kiddos are three, they are responsible for putting all their clothes away after use. The shirts are hung, and the pants are folded and put into drawers. They put their underwear and socks away after they are washed. They take their dirty laundry downstairs. I hang the clean clothes up after they're washed. Maybe when he's five, my oldest will do that too.
|Clothes hung where my kids can hang them themselves.|