Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Husband Time

A long time ago, when I was a little girl, I dreamt of getting married. I thought of all the wonderful things I would do for my husband, and how much he would love and adore me, and do kind things in return -- because spouses are always nice to each other, and have so much time to spend together, with just each other...


Now that I'm actually married it's easier and easier for me to see how the world tries to encroach on a couple's time together. And I believe time = unity. Nay, I know time = unity. And also, I'm kind of addicted to my husband, or Husby, as he's known in our house.

I know there are extenuating circumstances. There are spouses in the military, spouses in school, spouses busy with church callings... spouses in school, and with a church calling... Maybe we have little babies.

There are also seasons of our lives. Some seasons are busier than others. But I know in this busy period of my life there are things that, though not bad in and of themselves, take time away from my husband. Am I willing to give up something like that now so that I'll still like my husband later on? That may seem like a drastic jump to some, but I've seen people get so busy that when they finally do find time for their spouse, they don't like being with him/her anymore. So sad!

Can I choose a frozen veggi over making something luxurious to save some time? Yep. Can I leave dishes till a little later? It may make me cringe to do so, but I can. Can I tear myself away from my iphone?!

Just kidding, I don't have an iphone. But this is one of the reasons why. Would I spend time with my phone that I could be spending with my precious husband? Just an example.

I don't have a lot more to say than just that. Spend time with your spouse. Spend enjoyable time with your spouse. Spend time, other than sleeping, with you and your spouse alone. Not always easy, but oh so worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Melissa. I myself am also obsessed with my husband, i can't get enough of him. we talk all the time about how we want to keep having 'us time' even when we have little kids, and no money. life is wonderful every day when your relationship with your spouse is in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Melissa. Husband time is so important! I'm so thankful for the years Cam and I have had alone together (dating and married), though sometimes it has been challenging with our work and travel schedules. I know things will get even busier with a baby come February! Your post is a great reminder to continue to prioritize time together.

    ReplyDelete