Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Quinoa, Corn, and Tomato Salad with Chive-Infused Oil

Photo Credit: myrecipes.com

This recipe was really great.  It was the first time I had infused oil at all, and I think of it as a success.  I've been using my chive oil on yummy salads since I made this recipe.  I (as always) added lots more lime and chive oil on my personal salad.  I would also double the tomatoes. 

Quinoa, Corn, and Tomato Salad with Chive-Infused Oil

Ingredients


  •  1 1/2 to 2 cups water
  • 1 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 2 tablespoons Chive-Infused Oil
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 garlic clove, minced

Preparation


  • Combine 1 1/2 cups water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed (add more water as necessary). Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
  • Combine quinoa, corn, tomatoes, and parsley in a medium bowl. Combine Chive-Infused Oil and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad; toss well to coat. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

4 comments:

  1. Perfect! I've got a bunch of leftover (cooked) quinoa in my fridge we can't decide what to do with and dying chives in my garden. Thank you, Ariel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy I wish I had a garden --- even with dying chives. The Nelsons look forward to trying this one Ariel! Amen to extra tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I love quinoa and we've got loads of cherry tomatoes and chives in our garden right now!

    ReplyDelete