Photo Credit: myrecipes.com
This recipe was really great. It was the first time I had infused oil at all, and I think of it as a success. I've been using my chive oil on yummy salads since I made this recipe. I (as always) added lots more lime and chive oil on my personal salad. I would also double the tomatoes.
Quinoa, Corn, and Tomato Salad with Chive-Infused Oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Chive-Infused Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine 1 1/2 cups water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed (add more water as necessary). Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine quinoa, corn, tomatoes, and parsley in a medium bowl. Combine Chive-Infused Oil and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad; toss well to coat. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.